Advanced reading comprehension – missing sentences
Five sentences have been removed from the text below. Read the text and then match the missing sentences. Write the letter of the appropriate sentence in the box. There is one sentence that you do not need.
Indian heart disease ‘more severe than in West’
- A)And the actual number of deaths could be higher as many patients might have died before reaching the hospital, the researchers say.
- B)Another important finding of the study is that rich people often seek treatment abroad, mainly in the US.
- C)They then compared this data with similar studies in developed countries.
- D)Eighty per cent of the 7.1 million deaths due to heart disease in 2001 took place in poor countries, and India is expected to account for 60 per cent of the heart disease burden by 2010.
- E)“The increasing obesity epidemic, high rate of smoking in certain populations, and variable availability of modern medications and treatments creates a situation where coronary prevention efforts are far from optimal,” he told the Science and Development Network.
- F)Three-quarters of Indian heart disease patients are from low socioeconomic backgrounds.