Meaning of willingly in English
Definitions1. in a willing manner
- « I willingly accept »
- « The money I pay for my cultural experiences came willingly from my own pocket - they were not the result of bread being removed from the mouths of the poor so that Miss Thing here could mince off to the circus smelling of roses. » Julie Burchill
- « Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think. » Martin Luther King, Jr.
- « An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. » Martin Luther King, Jr.
- « Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved we love to love. » Leo Buscaglia
- « I submit that an individual who breaks the law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law. » Martin Luther King, Jr.