Meaning of unavoidable in English
Definitions1. impossible to avoid or evade:"inescapable conclusion"
- « an ineluctable destiny »
- « an unavoidable accident »
- « The purposes of the United States should not be doubted. The Security Council resolutions will be enforced - the just demands of peace and security will be met - or action will be unavoidable. And a regime that has lost its legitimacy will also lose its power. » Colin Powell
- « All that a good government aims at... is to add no unnecessary and artificial aid to the force of its own unavoidable consequences, and to abstain from fortifying and accumulating social inequality as a means of increasing political inequalities. » James F. Cooper
- « A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky behavior as the unavoidable price of population and economic growth, or to take stock of ourselves and search for a new environmental ethic. » E. O. Wilson