Meaning of unarmed in English
Definitions1. (used of persons or the military) not having or using arms
- « went alone and unarmed »
- « unarmed peasants were shot down »
- « unarmed vehicles »
- 2. used of plants or animals
- « without barbs or stings »
- « Humour is the weapon of unarmed people: it helps people who are oppressed to smile at the situation that pains them. » Simon Wiesenthal
- « There are many people who feel that it is useless and futile to continue talking about peace and non-violence against a government whose only reply is savage attacks on an unarmed and defenceless people. » Nelson Mandela
- « I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. » Martin Luther King, Jr.
- « It is remarkable that this people, though unarmed, dares attack an armed foe the infantry defy the cavalry, and by their activity and courage generally prove victors. » Giraldus Cambrensis
- « I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant. » Martin Luther King, Jr.