Meaning of stimulated in English
Definitions1. emotionally aroused
- « Well, the fact is that one imagination is critically important, and if you have had your imagination stimulated by what is basically a variety of subjects, you are much more amenable to accepting, to understanding and interacting with the realities of the world. » Ashley Judd
- « I will end up with someone in the arts. I am positive. I eat, breathe and sleep acting. And I'll end up with someone who is happy staying at home and having me cook supper. But I also really need to be intellectually challenged and stimulated. I want someone bookish, and someone who is passionate. » Ginnifer Goodwin
- « For every talent that poverty has stimulated it has blighted a hundred. » John W. Gardner
- « Television has spread the habit of instant reaction and stimulated the hope of instant results. » Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
- « Catastrophes are often stimulated by the failure to feel the emergence of a domain, and so what cannot be felt in the imagination is experienced as embodied sensation in the catastrophe. » William Irwin Thompson