Meaning of sign up in English
Definitions1. engage by written agreement
- « They signed two new pitchers for the next season »
- 2. join a club, an activity, etc. with the intention to join or participate, "Sign up for yoga classes"
- « The media tried to destroy my parents and has taken things completely out of context, but there's not a whole lot you can do in terms of fighting back. You have to hope that it passes, which it always does. But they have to be careful. They didn't necessarily sign up for this. » Katy Perry
- « If the states and territories do not sign up to fundamental reform, then my message is equally simple: we will take this reform plan to the people at the next election - along with a referendum by or at that same election to give the Australian Government all the power it needs to reform the health system. » Kevin Rudd
- « Take free money. No matter how in debt you are, if your employer offers a matching contribution on a 401(k) or other retirement vehicle, you must sign up and contribute enough to get the maximum company match each year. Think of it as a bonus. » Suze Orman