Meaning of self-reliance in English
Definitions1. personal independence
- « Freedom comes from strength and self-reliance. » Lisa Murkowski
- « I would not send a poor girl into the world, ignorant of the snares that beset her path nor would I watch and guard her, till, deprived of self-respect and self-reliance, she lost the power or the will to watch and guard herself . » Anne Bronte
- « Part of Obama's persona is self-reliance. He's calm he's cool he's self-possessed. In many ways, he has tried to define himself in opposition to Clinton's sometimes needy, often undisciplined, emotionalism. » Dee Dee Myers
- « There is an inverse relationship between reliance on the state and self-reliance. » William F. Buckley, Jr.
- « I'm pretty horrible at relationships and haven't been in many long-term ones. Leaving and moving on - returning to a familiar sense of self-reliance and autonomy - is what I know that feeling is as comfortable and comforting as it might be for a different kind of person to stay. » Carrie Brownstein