Meaning of safe(p) in English
Definitions1. having reached a base without being put out
- « the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball »
- « Some of us may just, in one-on-one conversations with our family, with our friends, over the back fence with our neighbors, talk about the reality of our lives and realize that we're not alone, that we have a right to be physically safe and emotionally safe in our own homes. » Patricia Ireland
- « Music has always been my protection against the world, from a very young age. I feel safe inside of a jam. » Trey Anastasio
- « We knew that if the photos of CIA officers conducting authorized EIT (enhanced interrogation techniques) ever got out, the difference between a legal, authorized, necessary, and safe program and the mindless actions of some MPs (military police) would be buried by the impact of the images. » Jose A. Rodriguez, Jr.
- « Since those who believe they need a hero/celebrity outnumber the actual heroes/celebrities, people feel safe and comfortably justified in numbers, committing egregious crimes in the name of the greater social ego. Ironically diminishing their own true hero-celebrity nature in the process. » Lauryn Hill
- « Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe. » Frederick Douglass