Meaning of runway in English
Definitions1. a narrow platform extending from the stage into the audience in a theater or nightclub etc.
- 2. a strip of level paved surface where planes can take off and land
- « The gays like 'Project Runway' because it's a fashion, and the gays are into fashion and into design. It's a creative industry, and most of the gays are pretty creative, in general. That's just like the culture. We're not all into politics necessarily. We're more into the creative environment. I also think Heidi is a big draw. The boys love Heidi and think she's so fabulous. I just think it's a glitzy, fun show, and there are also always lots of gay boys on it, and, you know, that's fun. » Christian Siriano
- « The runway symbolizes something in society that's very intimidating to women. » Tyra Banks
- « On my job I end up jumping out of planes. Last week I got in an 18-wheeler and drove down a runway onto a skid track. The week before that they put me in a car and sunk me to the bottom of a lake to see if I could escape without an oxygen tank. » Rick Mercer
- « You don't learn style from watching people on a runway. Fashion happens every morning when you wake up. » Shalom Harlow
- « My mom was a seamstress, and I wish I'd learned to sew because I'm obsessed with 'Project Runway!' » Carmen Electra