Meaning of productivity in English
Definitions1. the quality of being productive or having the power to produce
- 2. (economics) the ratio of the quantity and quality of units produced to the labor per unit of time
- « In both children and adults, there can be a hard-to-deny link between a robust sense of hope and either work productivity or academic achievement. » Jeffrey Kluger
- « The productivity of work is not the responsibility of the worker but of the manager. » Peter Drucker
- « There is no single development, in either technology or management technique, which by itself promises even one order-of-magnitude improvement within a decade in productivity, in reliability, in simplicity. » Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.
- « We must speed up the deployment of broadband in order to bring high-speed data services to homes and businesses. The spread of information technology has contributed to a steady growth in U.S. productivity. » Michael Oxley
- « Productivity is going to be a critical issue. And it's not just about getting more time for professors in the classroom. It involves reexamining the learning experience and restructuring faculty and the use of faculty time. » Roy Romer