Meaning of pains in English
Definitions1. an effortful attempt to attain a goal
- « We must not sit still and look for miracles up and doing, and the Lord will be with thee. Prayer and pains, through faith in Christ Jesus, will do anything. » George Eliot
- « Man is subject to innumerable pains and sorrows by the very condition of humanity, and yet, as if nature had not sown evils enough in life, we are continually adding grief to grief and aggravating the common calamity by our cruel treatment of one another. » Joseph Addison
- « Somehow, I've been blessed to be able to have the young spirit inside - not feel like every year I get a year older. I feel like every year I get a year younger. I don't wake up in the morning with aches and pains. » Rickey Henderson
- « Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths. » Drew Barrymore
- « Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think. » Martin Luther King, Jr.