Meaning of Orleans in English
Definitions1. a city on the Loire river in north central France
- « site of the siege of Orleans by the English (1428-1429) »
- 2. a long siege by the English was relieved by Joan of Arc in 1429
- « Well, my dad was the district attorney of New Orleans for about 30 years. » Harry Connick, Jr.
- « You know, for 300 years it's been kind of the same. There are restaurants in New Orleans that the menu hasn't changed in 125 years, so how is one going to change or evolve the food? » Emeril Lagasse
- « New Orleans in an amazing town. » Benjamin Walker
- « I've been all over the world. I love New York, I love Paris, San Francisco, so many places. But there's no place like New Orleans. It's got the best food. It's got the best music. It's got the best people. It's got the most fun stuff to do. » Harry Connick, Jr.
- « There have been nine Super Bowls in New Orleans, and not all of them have brought the best of luck to NFL Films. We got robbed twice there, got food poisoning, and my hotel room was broken into on the day the Bears played the Patriots in January 1986. » Steve Sabol