Meaning of New Orleans in English
Definitions1. a port and largest city in Louisiana
- « located in southeastern Louisiana near the mouth of the Mississippi river »
- « a major center for offshore drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico »
- « jazz originated here among black musicians in the late 19th century »
- « Mardi »
- « We have been working with Habitat for Humanity and we have built eighty homes, 80% of which are being lived in by New Orleans' musicians. It is called the Musicians' Village and at the center is the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music. » Harry Connick, Jr.
- « Well, my dad was the district attorney of New Orleans for about 30 years. » Harry Connick, Jr.
- « There have been nine Super Bowls in New Orleans, and not all of them have brought the best of luck to NFL Films. We got robbed twice there, got food poisoning, and my hotel room was broken into on the day the Bears played the Patriots in January 1986. » Steve Sabol
- « You should celebrate the end of a love affair as they celebrate death in New Orleans, with songs, laughter, dancing and a lot of wine. » Francoise Sagan
- « We were poor. But my mom never accepted that. She worked hard to become a residential contractor - got her master's with honors at the University of New Orleans. I used to go to every class with her. Her father was my paternal figure. » Frank Ocean