Meaning of laid in English
Definitions1. set down according to a plan:"a carefully laid table with places set for four people"
- « stones laid in a pattern »
- « Men get laid, but women get screwed. » Quentin Crisp
- « Americans are terrified because so many of them have been laid off in recent years and months and they fear that they may be next. Even if they have not been laid off or have not known anyone laid off, they definitely know someone who has lost his home. » Ben Stein
- « I perceived how that it was impossible to establish the lay people in any truth except the Scripture were plainly laid before their eyes in their mother tongue. » William Tyndale
- « No money is better spent than what is laid out for domestic satisfaction. » Samuel Johnson
- « Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers and laid entwined together on a bed of clover and left there to sleep, left there to dream of their happiness. » Conor Oberst