Meaning of interrogation in English
Definitions1. a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply
- « he asked a direct question »
- « he had trouble phrasing his interrogations »
- 2. a transmission that will trigger an answering transmission from a transponder
- 3. formal systematic questioning
- 4. an instance of questioning
- « there was a question about my training »
- « we made inquiries of all those who were present »
- « In my book, I detail the critical information we obtained from al Qaeda terrorists after they became compliant following a short period of enhanced interrogation. I have no doubt that that interrogation was legal, necessary and saved lives. » Jose A. Rodriguez, Jr.
- « I do support enhanced interrogation techniques. Obviously their value is shining through with respect to the bin Laden killing. » Tim Pawlenty
- « We knew that if the photos of CIA officers conducting authorized EIT (enhanced interrogation techniques) ever got out, the difference between a legal, authorized, necessary, and safe program and the mindless actions of some MPs (military police) would be buried by the impact of the images. » Jose A. Rodriguez, Jr.