Meaning of headquarters in English
Definitions1. (usually plural) the office that serves as the administrative center of an enterprise
- « many companies have their headquarters in New York »
- 2. (usually plural) the military installation from which a commander performs the functions of command
- « the general's headquarters were a couple of large tents »
- 3. (plural) a military unit consisting of a commander and the headquarters staff
- « My dad was the district attorney of New Orleans for about 30 years. And when he opened his campaign headquarters back in the early '70s, when I was 5 years old, my mother wanted me to play the national anthem. And they got an upright piano on the back of a flatbed truck and I played it. » Harry Connick, Jr.