Meaning of Georgetown in English
Definitions1. a section of northwestern Washington, D.C.
- 2. port city and the capital and largest city of Guyana
- « the city was called Stabroek by the Dutch but was renamed Georgetown by the British in 1812 »
- « Then you've got Georgetown, and I really just like everything about them. When I went down there with my mom, it really opened my eyes to what they were all about. I have to factor in what a school like that can do for me, even away from being a basketball player. » Nerlens Noel
- « I want to go to college and go back to Georgetown. It's a really cool place. » Bobby Flay
- « I was proud to share the stories of my friends at Georgetown Law who have suffered dire medical consequences because our student insurance does not cover contraception for the purpose of preventing pregnancy. » Sandra Fluke