Meaning of discouraged in English
Definitions1. made less hopeful or enthusiastic
- « desperate demoralized people looking for work »
- « felt discouraged by the magnitude of the problem »
- « the disheartened instructor tried vainly to arouse their interest »
- 2. lacking in resolution
- « the accident left others discouraged about going there »
- « Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top. » Joseph Smith, Jr.
- « You can be discouraged by failure, or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes, make all you can. Because, remember that's where you'll find success - on the far side of failure. » Thomas John Watson, Sr.
- « Psychotherapy theory turns it all on you: you are the one who is wrong. If a kid is having trouble or is discouraged, the problem is not just inside the kid it's also in the system, the society. » James Hillman
- « It is possible to become discouraged about the injustice we see everywhere. But God did not promise us that the world would be humane and just. He gives us the gift of life and allows us to choose the way we will use our limited time on earth. It is an awesome opportunity. » Cesar Chavez
- « Remember, always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember, others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself. » Richard M. Nixon