Meaning of confronting in English
Definitions1. taking the bull by the horns
- « I have deep respect for people's individual faith, but when faith gets connected to the machinery of state, or the machinery of hate, I find it very confronting. » Andrew Denton
- « Telling the truth, and confronting the challenge, is what politics is about. » Johann Lamont
- « Confronting a stadium audience, you can't see the whites of their eyes. It's just an amorphous mass of noise and, of course, you can't see the alleged billions watching at home either, so the degree to which you are intimidated is quite low. » Rowan Atkinson
- « You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory. » J. Donald Walters
- « If we are to survive, we must have ideas, vision, and courage. These things are rarely produced by committees. Everything that matters in our intellectual and moral life begins with an individual confronting his own mind and conscience in a room by himself. » Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.