Meaning of citizenry in English
Definitions1. the body of citizens of a state or country
- « the Spanish people »
- « The nice thing about anger is that, as an emotion, it's strong enough to unplug me from the comedian's mind for a minute and just be a frustrated member of the citizenry. » Seth Meyers
- « The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry. » William F. Buckley, Jr.
- « In order to cultivate a set of leaders with legitimacy in the eyes of the citizenry, it is necessary that the path to leadership be visibly open to talented and qualified individuals of every race and ethnicity. » Sandra Day O'Connor
- « Democracy functions best when we have an active citizenry. » Rick Perry
- « Widespread public access to knowledge, like public education, is one of the pillars of our democracy, a guarantee that we can maintain a well-informed citizenry. » Scott Turow